The PIOW Community Grant Program is back!
Applications are open now through November 30, 2023. Learn more about this program and apply below!
Questions? Email email@example.com.
About Pride in Our Workplace
Pride in Our Workplace was founded with a mission to provide all LGBTQ+ professionals with ways to amplify their voices and create thriving workplace cultures. By centering the LGBTQ+ perspective within our most important conversations, we’ve helped LGBTQ+ professionals and allied businesses drive positive change. Now, it is time for us to give back to the grassroots organizers dedicating their time to support LGBTQ+ communities throughout Massachusetts.
About the Program
The Pride in Our Workplace Community Grant Program will utilize PIOW’s sponsorship dollars to provide direct financial support to underfunded nonprofits and grassroots organizations making or aspiring to make an impact on members of the LGBTQ+ community. QTBIPOC-led organizations or those with a mission of serving QTBIPOC communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Grant recipients will receive:
- Funding: one-time seed grants between $500 – $2,000
- Skill Development: the opportunity to meet industry experts and receive practical operational support
- Visibility: the opportunity to share your story at events and across PIOW’s social channels in 2023 – 2024
- Community: access to a growing community of LGBTQ+ professionals, nonprofit industry peers, and potential collaborators rallying for your success
The deadline for applications is November 30, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET.
Application and Eligibility Requirements
Grant Application Requirements
- Complete and submit the grant application by November 30, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET.
- Submit an organizational budget and supplemental documents through the grant portal or separately via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET.
- The organization is primarily based in Massachusetts.
- The organization has been in operation for at least six months.
- The organization’s proposed activity or mission benefits the LGBTQIA+ community in Massachusetts.
- The values of the organization align with those of Pride in Our Workplace.
- The organization has an annual operating budget under $250,000.
- The organization can legally receive funding in MA or has a fiscal sponsor through which it can receive funding.*
*Organizations without a 501(c)(3) designation will still be considered for funding. If you haven’t received a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt designation, EIN number, or letter of recognition from the MA Attorney General’s Office, you will be asked to clarify your operating model and long-term organizational goals.
2023 Applications Open
Apply by Nov 30, 2023
We want to make sure you’re saving your work as you fill in this application. We recommend downloading our full application as a Word Doc, Google Doc, or PDF. From there, you can copy + paste your information from your completed document directly into our application portal when you’re ready, and you’ll have a saved copy of your responses to reference in future grant proposals.
FAQ + External Resources
Operational and Project Budgets
Application Review Process
Support this Program
PIOW is currently funding this grant program with sponsorship dollars from our own operational budget. We believe that distributing grants and offering business development resources to nonprofit teams will prove a worthwhile investment in increasing organizations’ capacities to serve vulnerable populations within the LGBTQ+ community.
The best way to ensure the sustainability of this program and support our work is to become a sponsor of Pride in Our Workplace. In addition to providing the funds that our team will ultimately reinvest in LGBTQ+ community organizations, charitable donations to PIOW are also essential to funding all operational costs and speaker fees associated with this program.
The PIOW team will be working with our corporate partners throughout this process to offer opportunities to LGBTQ+ and allied professionals interested in volunteering time to mentor grantees or speak as subject matter experts during business development sessions. If you would like to lend branding or marketing expertise, financial advice, legal assistance, or other services that could help strengthen early-stage or start-up nonprofits, we will connect and see if there is an opportunity for you to work with our incoming cohort.
Want to learn more or get involved? Email email@example.com.
Meet Past Recipients
2022 Grantee Cohort
In 2022, PIOW welcomed seven organizations into its first cohort of Pride in Our Workplace Community Grant Program participants: BMEN Foundation, Chelsea LGBTQ Coalition, LexPride, Love Your Labels, School of Arts and Social Justice Boston, SpeakOUT, and Trans Resistance MA!