The Intersection of LGBTQ+ Equality and Racial Justice
As we commend the recent Supreme Court decision to protect the equal rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people, we recognize that we must keep focused to address racial injustice for black, indigenous, and people of color within our community, nation and world. Please join us on Tuesday, June 30th from 11:45am to 1:00pm Eastern Time for a panel discussion on racial justice. Our panelists and moderator will provide insight, support and guidance for LGBTQ+ leaders, allies, employee resource groups, HR professionals and business leaders who seek to create a more inclusive workplace for all LGBTQ+ employees.
- Gary Bailey, Professor of Practice at Simmons College
- Jamie Bergeron, M.Ed., Americas Diversity and Inclusiveness Center of Excellence at EY
- Stephen Chan, VP, Strategy and Operations at The Boston Foundation
- Tre’Andre Valentine, Executive Director at Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition
- Moderator: Wendell K. Chestnut, Pride in Our Workplace Board Member
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
This year we will present a series of panel discussions and forums that will spotlight LGBTQ+ employees, leaders, and allies who are making great strides in promoting and advocating for inclusive policies and practices within their respective organizations and within our community.
Please join us for the first installment of our 2020: The Year of LGBTQ+ Inclusive Leadership Series.
This panel is titled Advancing Inclusive Workplaces and will provide guests the opportunity to hear from changemakers within organizations who recognize the power in their identities and work to advocate for inclusion in the workplace.
- Amber Kagen, Vice President, Labor and Employment, General Electric Company
- Neal Kane, Board Member LGBT History Project, President, Libretto, Inc
- Ben Klein, Senior Attorney and AIDS Law Project Direct, Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders
- Minita Shah-Mara, Head of Global Diversity and Inclusion, Biogen, Inc
10th Annual PIOW Networking Night 5/3/201610th Annual PIOW Networking Night
5/3/2016 | 6:00pm | Beat Brasserie
Our guest speaker will be Dr. Stephen Boswell, President and CEO of Fenway Health. We are absolutely thrilled to have Dr. Boswell attend and represent such a great local organization.