Pride in Our Workplace (PIOW) is a Massachusetts nonprofit and a 501(c)(3) organization comprised of LGBTQ professionals and allies from industry-leading companies in New England. PIOW is a forum for professionals and executives to share diversity and inclusion best practices, promote stronger networks, and develop professional skills and capabilities.
To be the premier thought leadership partner in the New England region for organizations seeking to create a best practice inclusive and equitable work environment where LGBTQ+ employees at all levels are able to be authentic, thrive and succeed.
PIOW’s activities include:
- Developing future LGBTQ and ally leaders through mentoring, networking and volunteer opportunities.
- Providing access to networks of professionals across the New England region.
- Sharing content, resources and programming that support career development and skill building.
- Helping LGBTQ individuals navigate difficult or challenging situations in the workplace.
NETWORKING AND COMMUNITY BUILDING
- Organizing events that facilitate professional networking among associates and executives.
- Creating a comfortable environment to openly discuss key issues impacting LGBTQ employees.
- Encouraging collaboration across companies and industries.
- Providing leadership connections for partner organizations.
- Providing support and guidance for employee resource groups.
- Facilitating benchmarking and best practices sharing.
- Supporting HR professionals and business inclusive workplace for LGBTQ employees.